My ultimate, all time weakness has always been chocolate, I cannot resist it and cannot have enough of it! So when I started my plant based journey it was key for me to ‘healthify’ (Is that even a word?) my chocolate cravings
I love taking these to Iftars I am invited to, gives everyone a healthier option for dessert.
Also these are great brekky if you are in a rush!
- 25 pitted dates
- 3 tbsp of peanut butter. Here is my recipe if you want to make your own https://zaatarandquinoa.com/2014/07/18/homemade-peanut-butter/
- 2 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp of cocoa nibs
- 1 tsp of organic coffee (Optional)
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Stir the coffee in 3 tbsp of warm water to dilute it. The coffee is optional but it really brings out the chocolate flavour
- Add all ingredients (except coating ingredients) to the blender and blend. Once blended, place the mix in the freezer for 20 minutes, this step will make it easier to roll
- Roll the mix into ball shapes and coat in the toppings
- Freeze for another hour and then they are ready to eat!