If you have read some of my previous blog posts you will need know that I love one pot dishes, meaning all the ingredients go into one pot and that is all you need!
This is one of those dishes, with Quinoa in my website name, I thought I need to give some more quinoa dishes a go 🙂
- 2 cups quinoa
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed (Any other beans also work, I used pinto beans!)
- 5 chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup corn
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Avocado ( Add to the plate when done)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic stir about 1 minute.
- Stir in quinoa, vegetable broth, beans, tomatoes, corn, chili powder and cumin; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until quinoa is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Once done add in coriander and if you wish some avocado