‘Ricotta’ stuffed pasta was the main for my valentines day meal ❤ ALSO a great dish to impress guests, even non-vegans will not be able to tell the difference between ricotta and the ‘cheese’ used here!
I usually am not a fan of mock meats or cheese but this mixture was PERFECT!
Photo cred and recipe inspired from the amazing oh she glows blog http://ohsheglows.com/2013/03/13/jumbo-stuffed-shells/. I follow her on instagram and is such an inspiration to all vegan bloggers!
- 20 jumbo pasta shells
- 1 package of firm tofu
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 large onion cut finely
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1 jar of organic marinara pasta sauce
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cook shells according to package until slightly underdone. Drain and rinse with cool water to prevent sticking.
- In a pan cook the onion, garlic and parsley until golden. Once done season with salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- The Ricotta: With a food processor process the tofu and nutritional yeast until smooth. Next add in the onion mix and mix together with a spoon, finally pour lemon juice over the mix
- Pour a little sauce in the dish to just cover the bottom (this will help the pasta from sticking to the bottom of the dish). Use a spoon to fill each shell with the tofu ricotta mixture, and lay each shell in the dish. Pour leftover marinara evenly over the shells.
- Cover the dish with a piece of tinfoil, poke several air holes, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes