This is the first valentine I have as a married women and full time vegan! So I wanted to make it extra special and cook a V Day feast at home. I’ve always been that person who thought they don’t need a valentines day to show partners they care, but I have to admit I now see the value in having a special day set out as It’s easy to get wrapped up in the day to day.
So our menu started off with a beetroot soup(not pictured), lentil salad, main dish was ‘ricotto’ stuffed pasta shells and finished off with raspberry sorbet and chocolate covered strawberries
Today I will be sharing the lentil salad recipe and the rest in the upcoming weeks
- 4 cups of baby spinach
- 1 cups of cooked green lentils
- 1 cup baby tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion cut finely
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup balsamic
- 1 tbsp date syrup
- Mix all the salad ingredients together apart from balsamic and date syrup, set aside.
- Place the date syrup and balsamic into a cup and stir
- Add dressing to salad
What did you cook/ eat this valentines day?