I was so in love with this casserole dish that I carried it all the way back from the UK to Dubai, yes it was SO heavy but SO worth it. Just look at how pretty it is 🙂 My kitchen has a lot of orange tidbits so this fits in perfectly!
I was waiting for the perfect dish to pop its cherry and here it is – couscous stuffed eggplant!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1.5 cup couscous
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 2 cups tomato paste/chunks
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- Handful of raisins (Optional)
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of cayenne pepper
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Start with removing the core of the eggplant.
- Next add in the couscous, one vegetable stock in a bowl with 1.5 cups of hot water. Cover with a plate and leave to cook for 5 minutes
- Once the couscous is cooked mix in cooked chickpeas and stuff the couscous in the eggplants
- In a pot add the tomato paste 2 cups of water, vegetable stock and spices. Add in the raisins if you wish to do so
- Finally add in the stuffed eggplants and leave to cook for 15-20 minutes or until the eggplant has softened.