I had a small dinner party last week and decided to give Batata harra a try. It was quite difficult to get the recipe quite right without using so much oil but in the end turned out quite good!
The batata harra was one part of my mezza, here are some of the others. My Lebanese Vegan Mezza ❤
Batata harra, Tabbouleh, eggplant dip aka mutabel and hummos
Back to the batta harra!
- 3 potatoes peeled*
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped coriander
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Start with boiling the peeled potatoes, you want to do this for about 10 minutes. What you DON’T want to is for it to be soft all the way through just hard enough to hold their shape when you cube them and sauté them
- Cut the potatoes into cubes
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil to a pan, once heated add in the garlic and coriander and sauté for 1 min. Then add in the potatoes and pepper. Sautee for about 10 mins
- Once done, pour the lemon juice over the potatoes
What other Lebanese recipes would you like to see me do in the future?
*Can be made Paleo if you sub the white potatoes for sweet ones