Our blender at home has been broken for the last couple of weeks so when it was fixed, I was so excited to start making my soups/smoothies again!
This recipe has been on the to do list for a while, a mushroom soup and must be creamy!
The secret ingredient here is the cauliflower! When all the mushrooms and the stock is added, you can barely taste the cauliflower. My husband hates cauliflower so even he said he could not taste it!
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 3 cups of mushrooms. 2 brown thinly sliced/ 1 white whole
- 1 large white onion
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 organic mushroom stock cube
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cut off the florets from the cauliflower. In a pot add 3 cups of water, cauliflower, white mushrooms and 2 vegetable stock and boil. This should take about 15-20 mins,
- While the cauliflower is cooking. Saute the brown mushrooms along with the onion in the olive oil until brown and the onion is translucent. This should take about 10 mins.
- Once the cauliflower and mushrooms are soft, blend in a blender with the water. Add the “cream” back into the pot and add in the sauteed mushrooms. Add in seasoning to preference