I have recently been busy travelling, I was away in Turkey then I head to the UK this weekend so I have been busy busy busy!
Turkey was one amazing feast- I bought these lovely fresh green beans back with me to Dubai to make Loubia B’Zeit, I could not resist!
Vegan options in Turkey were plenty. Here is a quick round up of my favorite meals starting with the pilaf with chickpeas, vegan lahm b ajin, cig kofte sandwich (my fave! – A street food turkish staple, the kofte is actually vegan and made from nuts, bulgur and pepper paste they then add tomatoes, pomegranate molasses, mint and lettuce all in a wrap) and Vitamin bars which are their juice bars they are EVERYWHERE!
Back to the loubia!
- 1 Kilo fresh loubia (fresh green beans)*
- 3 tomatoes chopped in big chunks
- 10 garlic cloves. 7 whole for the pan and 3 crushed with the sauce
- 2 red onions chopped finely
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 green chili chopped finely
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Start by cutting off both pointy ends of the loubya.
- In a large sautee pan – Place the loubya layer first then add garlic, onion, chili. Finally add the tomatoes on top, drizzle over the tomato sauce with the crushed garlic and olive oil.
- Put on high heat at the beginning until it boils should take about 5 minutes. Once it boils bring the heat back down and let it simmer for 20-30 minutes.
*If you don’t have access to fresh green beans, frozen will do.