Pizza could be one of the most diverse dishes out there, not only can you choose your toppings depending on your diet preferences but even the crust!
This is always going to be a special dish as this is the first meal I made in my new kitchen. Maybe I’ll post pictures of my kitchen soon, yay or nay? 🙂
There are essentially two parts to this meal, the crust and the toppings. Instead of making the pizza sauce I bought an organic ready made one, however if you have more time you can surely make your own or if you have less time maybe a buy a ready made whole wheat GF crust to save you time.
Lets get to it!
- ¾ c. quinoa, rinsed and drained
- ¼ c. water
- ½ t. sea salt
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 tsbp olive oil.
- 1 tbsp italian herbs
- Rinse the quinoa and place the rinsed quinoa in a bowl and cover it with water. Let the quinoa soak overnight (at least eight hours).
- Preheat the oven to 180 C
- Drain the water and rinsed quinoa into a food processor along with the water, salt, and baking powder.
- Process the mix for about two minutes until it is smooth in consistency.
- Oil the pan you will use and pour the batter into the cake pan atop the oil, smoothing it out evenly.
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes.
- Carefully flip the crust over, and bake it for another five minutes.
- Top the pizza with pizza sauce, capsicums, mushrooms and olives
- Bake the pizza for another 10 minutes until your toppings have cooked through.
What are your favorite pizza toppings?