The more colors your dish has the better it is for you! Ok so I just made that up but pretty sure this could be true. Just look at these rolls- nothing like this can ever be bad for you 🙂
I enjoy these on the weekend when I have a little bit more time to cook. My husband is a meat lover so he usually likes to fill these with chicken!
Here are some snaps of us at the wedding..
Also this June will be a super healthy one for me, where I plan to go on a vegan challenge for 30 days along with some of my girl friends. I tend to follow a vegan lifestyle most of the time anyway, I was inspired by a few documentaries (Vegucated, Forks Over Knives) Really recommend you watch these to know more about where your food is coming from! More on my vegan month with upcoming yummy vegan recipes.
Back to the food. Here is what I chose to fill them with but feel free to amend depending on what you like. For more options you can add tofu, tempeh or seitan for a protein kick.
- 6 rice paper rolls
- 1 shredded carrot
- 1 yellow capsicum
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 small beetroot
- 1/4 cup shredded cabbage
- handful of mint leaves
- 1 tsp sesame seeds for garnish
- Slice the veggies, pick leaves off mint, and keep aside.
- Shred carrots and cabbage, set aside.
- Fill a large bowl with warm water, and dip one sheet of rice paper in the water and place on chopping board.
- In the middle of the rice paper add all the fillings and roll. Here is a quick tutorial, it is pretty easy once you have done two http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfI1wMeDXhg. Just make sure not to over stuff it as that can cause it to fall apart