Hello from Cyprus! I am 4 days away from officially being a married woman- So many emotions, I cannot describe it. There will definitely be photos of the ceremony and the party in my next post 🙂
This bring me to traveling healthy, it may be hard to stay on track when you are on holiday however here are some of my top tips :
- Stay Hydrated – It’s easy to forget to drink water, however this is when you might need it the most due to more activities going on.
- Always start your day with breakfast – You need it now more than ever to keep you energized throughout the day.
- Fruits! – This is my go to snack, breakfast and dinner when I am on holiday. Bananas or apples just are easy to bring everywhere and available almost everywhere you go! I am munching on a honey dew melon as I write this 🙂
- Pack snacks – Little bit guilty of packing too much sometimes! I always make sure to pack my tea, non-dairy milk and dates. For you it could be nuts and your fave brand of coffee but if packing these will help you stay on track then do it.
- Move it – I rarely ever go to the gym while I am on holiday because I would rather be exploring the outdoors. I am a big fan of walking and in Dubai we do not get to do enough of it. When you can, opt for walking instead.
Back to the beetroot tahini dip, I’d like to add beetroot to anything just to get this pretty color!
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 beetroot
- 2 tbsp of squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tbsp of water
- Toast the sesame seeds over low heat for 15 mins in a pan
- Move the sesame seeds to food processor and blend until you start to see it form a paste like the below i:e it becomes Tahini
- Add the beetroot, water and squeezed lemon juice and blend for a little bit more.
Tip: keep scraping down what you see on the sides to make sure it is all the same consistency
I enjoy these with a side of baked sweet potato! I made baked chips yesterday as well, a super easy healthy vegan dinner.
Soon to be Mrs. Zaatar & Quinoa 🙂