Soup, my favorite part of the meal especially when it is a soup as good as this one. I have to admit sometimes I am more inspired by what is just available at home rather than what I am craving to eat.
In our household we always have chickpeas, ready to whip out some hummos JUST in case we have visitors coming to lunch.You can’t have people over for lunch without Hummus. Not allowed.
With an abundance of hummus and some tomatoes lying around, I set out to make this soup 🙂
- 1.5 cup cooked chickpeas
- 5 tomatoes chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cube vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dried zaatar (thyme)
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk (organic if possible)
- 3 cups water
- Heat oil in a medium pot. Add the onion, garlic adding in paprika, salt and pepper, and cook until the onion is translucent. Add balsamic vinegar and stir. Add the tomatoes and thyme leaves. Stir, then add the chickpeas, coconut milk and water. Cover and gently simmer for 20 minutes
- Transfer to a blender and puree.
- Put back on heat for another 10 minutes to let it settle