I love to ask people who try my food “Rana’s Guessing game” it basically consists of one question always and you are allowed up to three answers. Can you guess the main ingredient in this?
By now people are used to naming all types of fruits and nuts but this was a shock…
Yes beans, I snuck beans into peoples brownies! 🙂 I had people devour the brownie before I told them what was in it. This meant people had time to enjoy a beanfull brownie before they could judge it. This did not taste like it has beans AT ALL. Trust me on this one..
I think after this everyone is going to start going crazy with their guesses. Radishes, cauliflower or cucumbers nothing is off limits!
- 3 cups cooked black beans (I found mine in Spinneys)
- 3 cups of seedless dates
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cacao powder
- 2 tbsp all-natural nut butter (I used 1 tbsp of peanut butter & 1 tbsp of almond butter)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp coffee. I added a little water to melt the coffee
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 120 degrees Celsius. Add in all ingredient in a food processor except walnuts until you have a creamy paste, and continue until properly combined. The coffee really helps bring out the chocolate flavor.
2. Remove the “dough” from the food processor and place in a bowl. Crush the walnuts and add into the bowl using your hands
3. Place in a small baking pan, add in the coconut oil to the bottom of the pan. Press it down firmly using your palms and place the pan in the oven. It should bake for about 30 minutes until it has a nice baked surface. Allow it to cool before you dig into it!
4. Share with friends and play Rana’s guessing game 🙂
Note: This was adapted from one of my favorite food bloggers http://www.gluten-free-vegan-girl.com/2013/03/black-bean-fudge-brownies.html