I like to spend this day with all my loved ones and not just my significant other. Valentines day is blown out of proportion from a marketing point of view, but bring it back to basics, this is a day to celebrate love and keep love alive in your life, simple.
So I decided I love sweets and alcohol 🙂 It was time to combine my loves in one and this came up!
Tried to make this as healthy as possible, enjoy this with a glass of wine 🙂
- 1 cup candied fruits
- 1/4 cup fruity red wine
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp of pumpkin all spice
- Place the candied fruits in the wine and rum to soak up. You can soak for anytime between a few hours to a weeks. I soaked mine for about a day but just a few hours is fine.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Combine wet ingredients in one bowl and dry ingredients in another.
- Grease cake pan with coconut oil .
- Stir everything well and pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Fold it all together till well incorporated and pour the bater into the cake pan.
- Bake this for 35 minutes or till the toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Sahtein & Love Always
PS: This was adapted from http://www.lovefoodeat.com/boozy-spiced-fruit-cake-for-christmas-whole-wheat-vegan-refined-sugar-free/