Today I completed the 10K road race at the Dubai Marathon. This was another challenge I had set for myself in the month of January, and it was to do this and to do it well. By well I mean my personal best and that I did 🙂
Shout out to my friend and colleague Lisa who finished top 10, so inspiring! My fiance Alistair also did it at an amazing time, even though he was sick. Here we are post race and all smiles
Now back to food! Spinach and broccoli bake, more from vegetarian January. An easy recipe that is low in carbs as I use quinoa flour instead of whole wheat flour
- 1 cup of quinoa flour
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup of low fat feta cheese
- 2 cups of broccoli
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1 large onion
- 2 tbps of Olive Oil
- Drizzle of sweet chili sauce
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the broccoli from the stems and put into a large bowl along with the spinach (make sure this is room temp and not frozen). Cut the onion into very small pieces, i sometimes cheat and just put the whole onion into the blender for a quick second which cuts them into small pieces instead of having to cry my eyes out every time!
- Add the eggs,quinoa flour and baking soda – mix well. Cut the feta cheese into cubes and fold into mix with a spatula, finally add a drizzle of sweet chili sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 34-45 mins or until toothpick inserted comes out clean
I kept promising myself to take a picture of a done portion of this dish but gobbled them down so quick that I never got around to it! Alas, this will be enjoyed any day of the week but especially after 10K road race.