I am so amused by the so many things we can do with dates, they can be used to sweeten up any recipe if used the right way. We are also very lucky to have an abundance of dates here in the UAE. These little ones are so easy to make and look so pretty!
Oh and did I mention just 3 ingredients?!! They are :
- 20 Pitted dates
- 1 tbsp of nut butter (In my case I used macadamia and almond butter but any nut butter would work)
- 1/3 cup of crushed pistachios
- Place all the pitted dates in the blender along with the nut butter and blend for about 2 minutes or until you get a smooth consistency.
- After that start forming the ball shapes, if things are getting sticky you can add some oil to your hands. Once formed roll them in the crushed pistachios
- Place in the freezer for about 20 minutes. If you have the will power not to eat all of those on the spot they can be saved in the fridge for later
You can also roll them in desiccated coconut. Same recipe just sub the pistachios with the desiccated coconut
PS: You can follow all my latest recipes here https://www.facebook.com/ZaatarandQuinoa