I am a big fan of all curries whether Thai or Indian, all the spices just fill me up. So when I came across this soup I was really excited to experiment with curry spices in soups,and the sweet potato adds the right thickness to it and goes really well with all the spices.
On another note I am almost half way through veggie month challenge and I have to say I thought I would be struggling more for recipes. In actual fact however I have a whole list of veggie dishes that I have yet to try out so even after this month I think I will be cooking many more veggie dishes. Also makes me feel super light so enjoying this month much more than I thought I would!
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 5 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 1 onion, chopped into big chunks
- 3 garlic cloves
- 5 cups of water – adjust this to get the consistency you prefer
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1.5 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Bring the vegetable broth to a boil, and add in the peeled and chopped sweet potatoes and carrots. Cover this with a lid and let cook until they are partially tender, about 10-15 minutes or so.
- After that you can add the onion and garlic with the rest of the spices
3.Now puree, then add back to pot to simmer for another 5 mins and you’re done!