It is about time I included a recipe with quinoa in it, after all that is the name of the blog! Day 3 of my vegetarian challenge, and I have to admit after my main meal which is usually lunch I am leaving the table feeling quite light. I am focusing on vegetarian dishes that are low in carbs and of course easy to make, and this one was definitely both!
- 5 bell peppers (Orange, Green,Yellow & Red)
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 cups sweet corn
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1 cube vegetable stock
- Mozzarella cheese ( Optional)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove core and seeds.
- Prepare the stufﬁng: Cook quinoa as per instructions adding in the corn and vegetable stock for more flavor. While that is cooking, add in the cups of spinach in another skillet, feta cheese and eggs and cook for about 10 – 15 minutes. After the quinoa is ready, bring over the spinach mix and add it into the quinoa, mix well for about a minute, voila your stuffing is ready. I had a little left over so was perfect side dish for my lunch the next day
4.Spoon the mixture into the bell peppers, sprinkle cheese on top and season with salt and pepper. Make sure to spray the pan with cooking spray first before placing the peppers
5.Cover and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until bell peppers are fork-tender. Uncover, top with cheese and bake, uncovered, for 5 minutes more, or until cheese is melted.
PS: This could easily made vegan by omitting the egg and cheese