I love this time of year for so many reasons but mostly because of the lovely weather we get in Dubai. So even though it does not get very cold (I like to pretend it does sometimes when I have this) you will want something to keep you warm. More than that you want it to be SUPER easy and healthy, which you are in luck because this is both! This is my butternut squash soup recipe, also is Paleo&Vegan for those who stick to that kind of diet
- 1 medium / large butternut squash
- 3 carrots
- 4 cups water ( Less if you like it thick )
- 1 cube vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to (180°C).
- Peel the squash and cut it lengthwise down the middle. Scoop out the seeds Chop the squash into a large dice. Place on the baking sheet and drizzle with a bit of coconut oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Do the same with the carrots
3.Bake the carrots and squash for at least 20 minutes or until the veggies are soft and lightly brown around the edges. Remove from the oven and put the veggies in a mixer along with the water and rest of ingredients, puree.
4.Put in the pureed mix to the pot Add the rest of the ingredients: cumin and cinnamon to the pot and stir.
Tip : I usually microwave the butternut squash for 2 mins on high heat to make the peeling an easier process otherwise it feel like a battle with the butternut!