These little ones will make your house smell amazing,so if anything bake these just for the smell
I now also always buy extra bananas and if I am not making these, I’ll be making https://zaatarandquinoa.com/2013/12/05/5-ingredient-healthy-cookies/ so many options!
After trying these you will be a converted banana muffins fan – and these are always a big hit when I bring them into my office 🙂
- 1.5 cups whole wheat flour ( Or all purpose flour – I found that using a mix produced the best texture)
- 1/3 cup walnut halves, to place on top
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup oil, I use olive oil
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp of unsweetened apple sauce (optional)
- Preheat the oven 180° C. Coat the top of the pan(s) with nonstick spray.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt in a large bowl combine; set aside.
- Whisk together the bananas, eggs, oil, yogurt, brown sugar and vanilla in a medium sized bowl until blended and combined.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture and whisk gently until just combined.Pour mixture into pan, place walnuts on top
Bake for 30 minutes and take in that sweet sweet smell!