What can go wrong with pumpkin and whole wheat in one muffin? NOTHING! Just totally amazing tasting muffins.
These were made in the spirit of Halloween as well as for one of my besties birthdays.To my surprise these muffins biggest fan was my grandma! More on Tata later.
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar ( Sub with honey for a healthier option)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 cups pure pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 160 Degrees Celsius -Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners and spray with nonstick spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
3. In another bowl, whisk together the eggs and yogurt. Add the pumpkin puree and the oil, whisking to combine.
4. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just until incorporated. Batter will be thick and spongy.
5. Bake 20 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in one of the muffins comes out clean
Drizzle honey on top for more yumminess