Growing up in a Lebanese household, kafta bel seneye was one of the things my parents cooked when they were busy and wanted a quick healthy dish, so to me this was ideal to learn at this point.
So I asked my dad to buy me the Kafta from our butcher in Sharjah (Yes he goes all the way there for the meat, so it is pretty darn good!)
Also who knew a Lebanese staple dish could be made Paleo so easily?
- 1 kilo Kafta
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper (Add in red and yellow to make this more colorful)
- 1 cup of tomato paste plus 2 cup of water
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 tsp of each Salt, Paprika and Cinnamon.
- 1/2 tsp of chilli powder (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C
- Chop vegetables into round shape
- Place kafta in tray, make sure to smooth it out. Use a fork to poke holes in the kafta
- Add the tomato paste along with the cut vegetables and spices and cover with foil
- Bake for an hour